Thursday, December 16, 2010

Caps + snow + renovation update

welp, the Caps lost again last night, making it 7 in a row now. we still had a great time at the game despite the loss, but it was definitely disappointing to walk out of Verizon after losing.

our seats were great, but when the teams came out for pre-game practice, I quickly realized that we were in puck flying zone, and I was MORE than terrified that I'd end up getting hit in the face with a puck. I was scared for my life, I'm not gunna lie. I made sure to tell Sean to watch out for me, because I have a delayed reaction time when it comes to those kind of things. luckily, I was safe and no pucks made it over the net to our seats. 

 from our seats before practice started (section 115, row x)


hello, my loves. 


yikes, my hair is lookin' rough. but he's cute in his pea coat! ;)

___________________________________


OH, and guess what I get to look at all day?




that's right - we're finally getting a decent amount of snow here in the DC area, and I couldn't be more excited! now, ask me again how I'm feeling when I'm driving home tonight, but for now, I'm happy. I love the snow... as long as we're not getting multiple feet of it, of course. I'll be content with just a few inches on the ground... just enough to make it look pretty. 






_________________________________________


also - the contractor's are juuuust about done with the kitchen in our house, and I can't wait to share it with you guys. it's been a long journey with this room and we ended up cheating and just paying someone to do the work because we just couldn't find the time to complete it. I'm so happy with how the kitchen looks now. I'm going to try to take pictures tonight, but I might wait til the weekend when I can get some good light (and a good cleaning!). 

they're also working on replacing the ceiling that caved in a few months back, so things are kind of a mess right now - we have an oversize chair and ottoman in the kitchen and baker's racks in the living room! I'm not digging the chaos, but I know it'll be worth it when it's all finished. I can't wait to have my home back to normal! 


 this is what my living room looked like when I got home on Tuesday =/


Happy Thursday!


PS - if you're joining me from the ALMOST Friday blog hop, welcome! 
have a look around, take a seat, and grab yourself a drink. enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments from readers, so thank you for being so awesome!