I was recently reminded that I haven't blogged in three weeks (thanks KAYCIE). Life has been busy and hectic and fun and OMG SUMMER. So here's what we've been up to - in bullet point form, naturally.
- Our house is officially on the market! As exciting as it is to plan our future in a new home (details to come on that in another post - I don't want to jinx it), it's pretty overwhelming in a lot of ways.
First of all, we have a TON of last minute projects to wrap up before we have showings... you know those little things you've been putting off for years... like un-cluttering the empty bedroom and repainting the outdoor stair rail? We've been busting our asses (meaning, Sean has been busting his ass) getting all this stuff done.
Also, it's a little emotional to think about leaving this place and starting over somewhere else. This was our first home we owned together and we have a ton of memories here. But I'm so excited to start fresh in a home that ISN'T 60+ years old. So yeah, that shiz has been a little crazy.
- Ronin loves the pool. Granted, we've only been a handful of times, but he loves the water and that makes me such a happy Mama. We spent a few hours at the pool on the 4th of July and it made me so excited to spend his first Independence Day doing something fun. We had a little cookout at our home to celebrate the 4th and sadly, I took zero photos. But trust me when I say we are certainly enjoying our summer so far!
|water baby :)|
- My Arbonne business has been such an eye opening experience, and I'm really enjoying everything I'm learning about network marketing, our products, and building leadership skills. I'm bound and determined to move up in rank by the end of the year, and it feels extremely empowering to have a goal like that in mind.
- I have yet to take Ronin's 10 month photos and he'll be 11 months old next week. I also sent his birthday invitations out this week and I may or may not have cried in the parking lot of the post office. This kid is looking more and more like a little boy and less like a baby by the day, y'all. And I just can't.
|Ronin's birthday invite - designed it myself, blocked out the address for privacy reasons, duh.|
- I'm currently reading Sharp Objects by Gillian Flynn (author of the infamous Gone Girl), and I cannot put it down. It's been a long time since I was so into a book that I finished it in less than a week. We're reading it for our book club and it's going to be so hard to wait until August to discuss!
- I'm thinking that we may have a slight intolerance to fruit going on with Ronin - either that, or I'm just giving him too much of it and he can't handle all of the fiber. He's been in disposables for about 10 days because he's been pooping SO MUCH, and he also had a nasty diaper rash that lasted for almost 4 days. It seems to be getting better (the poop frequency AND the rash) now that I've cut back on the fruit at meals, so let's hope that's all it was.
I just talked about baby poop on my blog. I think I'm officially a mom blogger now?
Happy Hump Day!