Saturday, May 11, 2013

baby Q: first birthday planning!

I am a planner. I am also very type A and sorta-kinda definitely OCD when it comes to being organized and having all my ducks in a row. therefore, I am already ankle deep in planning Ronin's first birthday party. 

I decided a few months ago that our favorite bedtime song, "You Are My Sunshine," would be the theme of his first birthday party. naturally, I turned to Pinterest for some inspiration and found a few other parties with ideas similar to mine. 



I love the bubbles + pinwheels for favors. so cute for the kiddos, and budget friendly too! 

this food table display is beautiful - the banner, the jars of candy, and the striped straws. perfect! I will be make a lot of the party paper goods myself - the banners, decor, favor packaging, etc. 

poms and garland. need I say more?

white smash cake + cupcakes for the guests. and I absolutely adore the cupcake wrapper, which I'm sure I could DIY with scrapbook paper. also from this party: 12 months of baby photos displayed as decor. 

a simple invite. yes please. 

an end of August birthday definitely calls for homemade popsicles


I'm so excited to really get started with the planning. I may or may not have (hint: I have) already designed the invitations. I'll most likely just print them at home, as long as we have printer ink, ha! I'm hoping to get them out by mid-July so that people have time to make plans. I'm thinking that the menu will just be mostly BBQ type food - burgers, hot dogs, coleslaw, etc. plus a bitchin' dessert table. can't wait to see it all come together!

3 comments:

  1. I love it! "You are my sunshine" is also a very special song to me...my mom used to sing it to me when I was little :)

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from readers, so thank you for being so awesome!