Tuesday, August 14, 2012

baby Q bump watch - week 38

38 weeks! heading to physical therapy, feeling like crud after a crappy couple nights of sleep. 

how far along? 
38 weeks. 

how big is the baby? 
he's weighing in at about 6.8lbs and measuring a bit over 19.5 inches long. his organs are mature enough to be ready for life outside the womb at this point.

total weight gain: 
27lbs so far. 

sleep: 
so annoying. I was up until 3am the other night for no reason at all, and then last night I was up until 1:30am. I'm so thankful I'm on bed rest, cause lots of naps are happenin' around this house.

best moment of the week: 
oh geez, lots of good things happened over the week:
1. we finally got the crib put together! I love it. it's so perfect. it was super easy to build, too. 



2. I also put together Ronin's bookcase. it needs to be filled, but it's getting there! 



3. we went up to Baltimore on Saturday evening to enjoy some delicious (aka the best in Maryland) crab cakes at one of our favorite restaurants

4. I had dinner with my BFF and another great friend last night... it was nice to have some girl time (and a glass of delicious moscato). 

5. we got our maternity pictures back! they are absolutely beautiful, not that I had any doubt in Jen's talents. I am so blown away by them and I'm so glad we made the decision to do them. I'll share my favorites once I upload the photos to the computer, but this link will take you to a sneak peak. ;)



also, an important event to be mentioned: 
on Thursday, I was sent over to labor & delivery after my weekly appointment, due to my OB's concerns regarding my blood pressure and my recent headaches. they wanted to run some labs (blood work and urine analysis) to make sure I did not develop pre-eclampsia. thankfully, everything came back PERFECT, so I didn't have to be admitted. I had a cervical check at my OB's office, and we are 100% high and closed, which means no effacement and no dilation as of yet. looks like Ronin is going to take his sweet time, which is fine with mama!

food cravings: 
carbs, carbs, carbs.

food aversions: 
nothing really.

symptoms: 
everything, haha. no contractions yet though!

gender sex: 
BOY! :D 

most looking forward to: 
getting more stuff done around the house. we're pretty much just waiting on him to be ready at this point. I am so excited to meet and snuggle his cute little face.

what I miss right now: 
my weekly paycheck. this is the first time I've ever been unemployed in 12 years, and I'd be lying if I said I didn't miss that money. 

next appointment: 
Friday morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments from readers, so thank you for being so awesome!