Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Ronin's room: the sleep spot

being an interior design junkie, I've pretty much had the general idea of this room planned out in my head since before we even got pregnant. I knew I wanted it to be modern and whimsical, with both deep and bright colors. no themes, no cutesy sayings... just FUN. I want him to be able to grow with his room.

I started a "future nursery" board on Pinterest. when I found out we were expecting, I turned to the board to see what they all had in common so that I could start planning the REAL nursery. it seemed that 80% of my board contained a modern crib - and a lot of those rooms had the Oeuf Sparrow crib. while I love the crib, there was no way that I (or anyone else for that matter) was going to spending $730 on a crib. no freaking way. 

luckily for me (and my in-laws, who have graciously offered to foot the bill for the nursery furniture), I found a very similar option at WalMart of all places. 

it's the Baby Mod Modena 3 in 1 Convertible Crib. it's got modern lines and it's a great shade of grey. it's made from solid wood (sustainable pine from New Zealand, which I know isn't the top choice for cribs, but I'm expecting teeth marks on ANY piece of furniture we get) and includes the toddler rail for when Ronin is ready for a big boy bed. 
the best part is that it's gotten nothing but wonderful reviews from buyers. they all claim that it's sturdy, well built, and easy to assemble. Baby Bargains gives Million Dollar Baby (the company who produces the Baby Mod line) a high rating as far as construction, safety, and customer service goes, so that was a big plus in my book as well.  

so there you have it - the Baby Mod Modena in Cool Grey is our pick, and at roughly $200, I think it's a pretty swell one, especially since it includes the toddler rail, which usually have to be purchased separately. 
MIL will be ordering it soon, so I'll be sure to update once we have in-home experience with it... how easy it is to assemble, the quality, how it looks, etc. 


Happy Wednesday!

PS - there are other details of the nursery on THIS board on Pinterest. I have started this board strictly for things I plan on (or hope to be) purchasing for the boy. if I have the time, I'll be back later today with a post on crib bedding. :)

1 comment:

I love getting comments from readers, so thank you for being so awesome!