Thursday, June 7, 2012

baby Q bump watch - week 28

ugh, late post this week guys. we flew to Florida for our friends' wedding on Friday, and I just happened to wake up with a sore throat that same day. I spent the weekend hacking up my lungs, and was diagnosed with bronchitis when we returned on Sunday. I spent two days in bed and am finally starting to feel better. I was so swamped with work yesterday that I didn't get a chance to post a bumpdate. but anyway... 

WOOHOO! hello 3rd trimester! 
along with the start of the final trimester, we began our birth classes this week. it's a 4 week course offered by our hospital and the class is one night a week for 2 hours. the first class was... a little scary, to be honest. I mean, obviously, I know I will be (hopefully) pushing a child out of my hoo-ha... but I guess I've been so happy and in pregnancy la-la land that reality hasn't really hit... until I saw what 10 centimeters looks like. and guys? it's big. I don't know why, but I am suddenly terrified of child birth. eeks. 

this was taken on Tuesday (28 weeks) when I was home sick... hence the no makeup, no bra, no pants.
also, hubs has a new (earlier) work schedule so I will be taking mirror photos from now on, unless I can remember to get him to take a picture when I get home from work.  

how far along? 
28 weeks... aka 7 months (!!!)... aka 3rd trimester. :)

how big is the baby? 
according to Baby Center, Ronin weighs about 2.25lbs and is 14.8 inches long from head to heel (the size of an eggplant). he can now blink his eyes and may even be able to see the light that filters in through the womb. he is developing billions of neurons in his brain and is accumulating more body fat in preparation for life outside the womb.  

total weight gain: 
I'm not certain, but I think I'm up about 10lbs now. I'll know tomorrow for sure. 

sleep: 
shitty, shitty, shitty. I cannot get comfortable to save my life. I've also been having lots of reflux lately, which makes laying down a pain. and Sean's snoring makes me want to stab something. 

best moment of the week: 
oh man, hard to choose! our 3D ultrasound was fucking amazing - it was SO cool to see his little chubby face in there. and despite my being sick, our trip to Florida was so nice - the Keane wedding was an absolute blast (see photo below) and the beach in Destin was heavenly.

photo booth fun!
dress from Old Navy.
 also, baby kicks never get old - it seems like he's getting stronger by the day and his movements have become more defined. some days he rocks my whole belly around and it looks crazy! I can definitely tell "where" he is by his movements. 

food cravings: 
anything cold. mostly popsicles.

food aversions: 
anything that causes heartburn/reflux.

symptoms: 
the pelvic pain is only getting worse and I'm finding myself to be really out of breath lately too, thanks to big boy pushing on my diaphragm. my feet have been swelling a bit and my nipples are still leaking (but not much at all).

gender sex: 
big BOY! :D 

most looking forward to: 
our glider arrives this weekend, and we'll be painting the room sometime in the next week. we finally chose a color (yesterday, actually), so now we just have to pick up a gallon and get to work. I'm excited to start putting furniture together and getting his room ready. :)

what I miss right now: 
sleeping on my stomach and being able to breathe. 

next appointment: 
tomorrow afternoon - regular check up and glucose test. fun!

1 comment:

  1. All is good because you have a Skins t-shirt on. If you are craving cold goodies, I think you should treat yourself to a Snowball :)

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from readers, so thank you for being so awesome!