Wednesday, March 16, 2011

my mother-in-law got her first tattoo

I took my MIL to get her very first tattoo over the weekend. she knows how much I love tattoos, and how much I trust and respect my tattooer, so it was only natural for her to want him to tattoo her for the first time. she was specific about her design - she wanted a trinity knot with her husband, son, and daughter's initials inside. she also wanted to incorporate a Q into the design - she wanted it to be strong, yet feminine.






________________________________________

of course, I took plenty of pictures to share with you all. my tattoo artist (Keelhauled Mike) specializes in Coleman Style tattooing, which I love, so it's always a pleasure to search through the wall to wall flash designs they have up. I love the bold outlines, the deep shading, and the vibrant color of traditional tattoos.







I love going to visit my tattoo artist, if only for the visit to the quaint town of Denton, which is only about 20 minutes outside of Delaware. it's such a cute little old town, and I really enjoy being in the quiet. Hanging out in the tattoo shop with Mike and Ken is always a fun time - lots of laughs and bullshitting.





took this for all my fellow Irishmen (and women!)


I wish I could have gotten tattooed as well, but unfortunately, we are super duper broke right now, and it's not really a possibility. I'm hoping to accumulate enough birthday money that I'll be able to get my sleeve worked on sometime in the near future.

Happy Wednesday!

______________________________


oh, and PS - my birthday is in exactly one week. thumbs up!



the long road

2 comments:

  1. I wish I could convince my mom to get a tattoo, but that is never going to happen. Your mom-in-law's tattoo looks great! Your tattoo artist is super talented! I LOVE that Jesus figure! I would love one!
    Happy Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you should go to www.scenicglory.blogspot.com she does a feature called "A Tattoo Story" where she puts peoples tattoo pics and stories up on her blog. she just featured my yesterday. its really cool. your MIL's tattoo is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from readers, so thank you for being so awesome!