Monday, November 29, 2010

confession

I love wrapping Christmas gifts. it makes me SO happy when a gift is wrapped nicely. like, wet in the nether regions happy. I know, it's strange. 

every year, I strive to get the cutest wrapping paper... and you know it all coordinates together too. I'm a little obsessive about it, and every gift has to be wrapped perfectly. I get into a zone when I'm wrapping, and I find that it's one of the things that really relaxes me. I love making the gifts look pretty... from the wrapping paper, to the tissue paper, to the curled ribbon, to the bows, to the labels.

so yesterday while Sean was at the Ravens game, I got all my supplies out and wrapped gifts in the middle of my living room while watching Sunday football. I knew it was going to be a bit of a struggle, since Mr. Bear likes to be in the middle of ev.ery.thing. and while he did make a bit of a mess with the paper scraps, he stayed out of my way for the most part. 




in fact, he laid right down on some 
packing paper and took a little nap 
while I was wrapping away. 



NOTE: those gifts are not completed yet - I usually wait until a few days prior to Christmas to put on all the fixings like ribbons and bows, so they don't get smashed or pulled off by the cats while they're under the tree.  

in case you're interested, the red shiny paper and the HO HO HO paper are both from Giant, and the Christmas tree paper is from Walmart. super cheap stuff and it's actually pretty nice paper too - it allows you to just hold the scissors and glide while it cuts... ahhh, I love that. I told you... obsessive. 

if anyone needs a gift wrapper for the holidays, I'm up for it! 
I accept payment in the form of baked goods. and beer.

Happy Monday!

1 comment:

  1. Haha wrapping gifts is very relaxing, I definitely get into a zone. But I sometimes my patience gives up :)

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from readers, so thank you for being so awesome!