Tuesday, November 30, 2010

giving thanks | day twenty - twentyfive




day twenty - my personal trainer
I cannot even begin to describe how much I love my personal trainer. she is such an excellent source of motivation for me and she is, hands down, the only reason I walk in that gym at least twice a week. she knows what she's doing, and she's starting to know my body as well, knowing my limits and what I'm capable of. she always pushes me passed my own personal limits and she's so encouraging. she really believes in me and she's constantly praising me on my abilities during my workout sessions. she assures me that I'm doing a great job and kicks my ass on a weekly basis. I wouldn't be as confident and motivated as I am today if it weren't for her, and for that, I'm thankful. 


day twenty-one - our bed
there is no better feeling than climbing in bed at the end of a long day. I love my bed more than most people love their children, and that is the damn truth. I could spend an entire day in my bed and not feel the slightest amount of guilt for it. we have a king size bed with a pillow top, a big huge comforter, and literally seven hundred pillows. it is the most amazing bed in the world, and for that, I'm thankful.


day twenty-two - Ambien
I guess this kind of goes along with day twenty-one, but I would NOT sleep if it weren't for Ambien. it's the only sleep aid medicine that I've found works for me. yes, I know there are probably a million other deeper rooted reasons for my insomnia, but Ambien is what gets me through it at the end of the day, and as long as I can get a good night's sleep, I'm a happy girl. I've tried a lot of other drugs to help me sleep, but Ambien is my soul mate. I get the best sleep ever when I take it, and for that, I'm thankful. 


day twenty-three - vacations
I don't think anything more needs to be said, but I guess I should elaborate a little further. this is what vacation means to me: 

white sand
no work  strong drinks  
yummy food  sleeping in  work-free  
cheesy souvenirs  loved ones  time for rest 
waves  reading books  week off work 
relaxation  memories made
blue water

a week long vacation is what I look forward to every single year, and for that, I'm so very thankful.



day twenty-four - Miss Es-cop-aye
how lucky am I to have a vehicle to call my own? I mean really, think about it. back in the old days of the Oregon Trail, you had to take a covered carriage being pulled by oxen... animals that often didn't make it. and if your ox DID make it, at least one of your family members died of dysentery. I'm so grateful that I have a car, and a nice car at that... well... nice to me at least. it's nothing fancy, but I love my Escape (pronounced as shown above, like Dory from Finding Nemo) and she's always been good to me. it's just nice to have that convenience of being able to do whatever I want to do and go wherever I want to go, and for that, I'm thankful. 


day twenty-five - Thanksgiving
I'm incredibly grateful for this holiday. obviously, a lot of the celebration for this day is about the food, but it's also about family. it's about finding the little (or big) things in your life to be thankful for and celebrating your blessings. it's about being with the ones you love for an entire day and appreciating them for being a part of your life. it's chaos in the kitchen, football on TV, and laughter. 

and let's face it, it's about the food. oh my god, the food. if I were on death row for some reason, and I had to choose a meal to be served to me as my LAST meal, it would be Thanksgiving dinner, and that says a lot. turkey, mashed potatoes & gravy, green bean casserole, stuffing, and pumpkin pie. nom.

Thanksgiving is a day for being grateful, and I'm so fortunate for many more things than I listed here on the blog. I'm thankful that I'm even able to share my luck with you all. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments from readers, so thank you for being so awesome!