Tuesday, July 10, 2012

baby Q related updates

whew! we have had a LOT going on last week, hence the lack of a shower post. however, Kaley posted about it here, so you can hop over there to check it out! 


_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ 

on the home front, the nursery is FINALLY painted. all I have left to do is the trim, and then I can finally start to put together furniture. we picked up a couple more odds and ends this weekend, mostly decor related... like this clock. I have a feeling I'll be working on his room until I go into labor, haha. for now, here are some photos of the painted walls - please note that these photos do NOT do the color justice. 




_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ 

I had a doctor's appointment on Friday, which revealed high blood pressure AGAIN (although it did go down by the end of my appointment), so my doctor now wants me to monitor my BP at home on a daily basis and record it. she also doesn't want me working in my office while the air conditioning isn't running properly, so I'll be working from home on the really brutal heat wave days. other than that, everything is A-okay with little baby Q. 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ 

I had a prenatal massage on Saturday afternoon, courtesy of a birthday gift from my BFF, Kaycie. it was so amazing that I scheduled another one for the beginning of August. it was just what I needed (especially on such a hot day) and I felt so relaxed afterward. I'm kind of kicking myself that I didn't indulge in the pampering earlier on! 
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ 

yesterday, I had an appointment with a physical therapist for my pelvis. it turns out that my pelvis is misaligned (probably due to the stretching and pulling of ligaments during the pregnancy), which has been causing my pain for months on end. I'm going to start seeing her twice a week to work on strengthening my pelvic muscles, even though it goes against what my body is doing (loosening and softening around the pelvis) in order to prepare for child birth. 
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _


I had sushi (the cooked kind, thank you very much) with some friends on Friday evening. my friend Katie brought a gift for Ronin - two little preppy rompers and the cutest little baby sunglasses. I am really considering bringing them to the hospital and making him wear them right away. 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ 

Happy Tuesday, friends! :)







No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments from readers, so thank you for being so awesome!