Tuesday, March 20, 2012

baby Q bump watch - week 17

I seriously suck at documenting the bump pictures. just know that it's there and that I'm wearing it loud and proud. I am officially in maternity jeans now and I don't think I'll be going back to regular clothes EVER. even after baby Q is here. they are so comfortable. 

soooo since I don't have a bump picture, here's a shark robe.

baby shark

how far along? 
17 weeks, sucka. 

how big is the baby? 
baby Q is the size of an onion. she weighs about 5.9 ounces and is roughly 5.1 inches long from rump to crown. baby cartilage is turning to bone and her umbilical cord is getting thicker and stronger. 

total weight gain: 
my scale at home is whack, so I'm not going by what it tells me. I'll know on Friday.

sleep: 
still great! I get up to pee a few times, but I fall right back asleep.

best moment of the week: 
buying a jar of pickles on Sunday. it's the little things.
also, I think I may have felt a little baby tickle last week. I'm not sure if it was baby or gas though, so I'm not looking too much into it. 

food cravings: 
so many, and SO random. pickles, Italian ice, root beer floats, pickles, and crab chips. 
did I mention pickles? 

food aversions: 
nadda.

symptoms: 
awful pain in my pelvis, which I plan on asking my doctor about on Friday. still getting the occasional headache and only pooping once (or twice, if I'm lucky) a week. not feeling too bad these days though. 

gender sex: 
we'll find out on April 5th. 

most looking forward to: 
our next appointment on Friday. and not baby related? Hunger Games on Thursday night, the Caps game Friday night, and celebrating my birthday at The Melting Pot on Saturday night.

what I miss right now: 
nothing really. 

next appointment: 
Friday! :)

3 comments:

  1. i'm very happy to hear that everything is going swimmingly in babyQ land. though i'm a little upset by the lack of bump photo. hmpf.

    ReplyDelete
  2. such a cute update! Don't worry, I wore maternity jeans for too long after I had Will, and no one knew but me! Mmmm, crab chips!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from readers, so thank you for being so awesome!