Thursday, June 30, 2011

weekend recap, Sally, and Skillet, the little black kitten

woah...I can't believe it's been a week since we last saw each other. it's been a long time since I went a week without blogging! unfortunately, it's not because I won a fantastic surprise trip to some tropical island. but that would be the bee's knees. 

although, last weekend I did have an absolute BLAST in New Jersey at my friend Katie's bachelorette party. the house we stayed in was simply amazing, the weather was perfect, and the company was even greater - all in all, it made for hilarious memories... and embarrassing pictures galore! 




________________________________________________

but anyway. so I ended up capturing another kitten on Monday, and he's been a pretty sick little guy, which means this crazy cat lady has had her hands full. he had some gooey eyes and gross diarrhea, so I took him right to the vet this week. 

turns out that he's got an upper respiratory infection, a base case of roundworms, and coccidia... which means he has to be quarantined from the other cats, and he's on two different types of medicines. 

you can imagine how wonderful it is to give medicine to a scared little sick kitty, right? 



and the best part? he has to be on these meds for 14-21 days. so even if I found a home for him now, he would be cooped up in our bathroom for another 3 weeks. 

in the meantime, we're still trying to find homes for the other kittens we took in that I blogged about here. Callie has found her forever home, but Gizmo and Buckwheat are still tromping around the bedroom of Casa De Quinn, causing a ruckus. 

so yeah, anyway, I've been busy. and tired. like really fucking tired. little Skillet cries at the door in the bathroom until I come in to comfort him, which results in me sleeping on the bathroom floor just to get some rest. it's extremely exhausting, but he's really cute and he seems to be feeling much better now that he's properly fed, hydrated, and medicated. he even had the energy to play with some little mice yesterday, which made me a very happy foster mama. 

______________________________________

oh, and when I was packing my bags for NJ on Thursday evening, I realized I wasn't going to have time to paint my nails and toes, which was obviously a serious crisis, haha. but then I remembered that I bought those Sally Hansen Nail Strip thing-a-ma-jigs a while back when I saw them in the grocery store, but had never had the balls to try them. for some reason, I was just so worried I would mess them up, haha. 

I finally put them on and they are amazing. seriously, guys. I will probably never paint my nails again because it was SO MUCH EASIER than having to deal with nail polish and touch ups and fumes. I used Glitz Blitz on my fingernails and Check It Out on my toes. 
I had soooo many people compliment my houndstooth toes and ask where I found my very talented nail technician. 

my response? "uhh, the grocery store!" 


please excuse my un-manicured feet. 


[DISCLAIMER]: 
sadly, I was not compensated for giving a review of Sally Hansen's products, nor was I asked to post about my experience with said product. however, I would not be opposed to receiving them for free in the future, as they are a little pricey at $10 a pack. kthx. 

Happy Thursday! 

1 comment:

  1. Awww... your newest little kitty-friend is adorable! I'm glad he's feeling better, but I'm sorry he's such a complicated little guy. You really have a huge heart taking in all these sweet little kitties! I'm definitely impressed!

    I've been meaning to try those nail strips, but when I checked them out at the grocery store I was SHOCKED at how expensive they are. I can go make someone paint my nails, clip my cuticles and massage my tired hand with lotion for just over $10... why would I spend that to do it alone in my bathroom... I mean c'mon Sally Hansen-- $10, really?! Haha!

    At least they're SUPER cute!

    <3 MuffinLovesBiscuit

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from readers, so thank you for being so awesome!