Friday, March 11, 2011

kitty mish mash

Lily is my baby. she was the first pet I ever had on my own, and she was spoiled rotten as a kitten. not that much has changed in that department. she is the queen of the house and the worst part is that she KNOWS it. large and in charge, I'm tellin' ya.

she's my BIG girl - she weighs about 14lbs. it seems like all fat, and she's got a pretty gnarly FUPA on her, but she's actually got a substantial frame on her too. yep, she's big boned. she sleeps in the funniest positions, and she looks so comfy that I just want to snuggle her and motorboat her belly. 





I'm submitting this photo over at Tara's place for her Friday photo challenge. this week's challenge is "orange." I've always loved Lily's orange mustache, so I thought this would be the perfect representation for it. :)


________________________________________

Bear & Mama Cat were lookin' comfy on the couch too, so I photographed them as well. I cannot believe Bear is going to be THREE years old next month... blows my mind!







Give me your best shot at Better in BulkPhotoStory Friday
Hosted by Cecily and Lolli



I told Sean I wanted to get this for Bear's birthday, but he was not havin' it. so instead, Sean just bought me the book of kitty wigs to let me get my fix. I'm obsessed. I am not even kidding when I say that if I had the money, I would gladly spend $60 a piece on wigs for my cats. imagine the photo possibilities!

I wish Pheobe were more photogenic, but she hates having her picture taken, hence why there are only a handful of pictures of her on the blog. she's my stubborn girl! maybe she'd let me take more if she were sporting a pink wig.

god, I can't wait to have children so I can dress them up in ridiculous outfits.

I hope everyone has a fabulous weekend! I know I'm not the only one out there that's ready for spring to be here already! 

Happy Friday!

 PS - I'm working on adding links (maybe I'll even be fancy and create buttons!) to the main page of my blog, but if you like to see me on other sites, you can follow me HERE on Twitter and HERE on Pinterest.

15 comments:

  1. OMG kitties. Love it....and I would totally buy one of those wigs if they weren't so expensive. Vada rocks a sweater pretty good, so I imagine the same for a kitty wig.

    I love fat kitty tummies, they just need to be kissed, smushed and cuddled.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a kitty owner and lover myself.
    I love Lily's orange mustache!

    Carletta@Round The Bend

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks like the happiest nap EVAR.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are fabulous....to darn cute! They are all so good..the first one is priceless, and I really like Lily's stache!! Love!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks like the best sleeping position ever - I may need to steal it. Your kitties are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I love your Lily's orange mustache! it is perfect for the challenge!!! To bad you didnt have an ORANGE wig! *snicker*

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just found your blog and I've decided you and I are soul mates, or at least the same breed of Crazy Cat Lady! I'm sitting here with a cat snuggled against me, cracking up at that cat wig and trying to decide if I could talk the Mister into it or if I should just go ahead and buy it and deal with the fall-out later ;)
    Cat wigs?!? Amazing!
    Oh and two of my kitties look just like Bear! >^.^<

    ReplyDelete
  8. It must be nice to be a cat - and I've seen those cat wigs, they're a hoot!

    ReplyDelete
  9. How cute! I wish I could be that relaxed...lol

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a comfy & cute kitteh!!! Beautiful shots! =)

    Have a great weekend

    xo
    melissa @champagne wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  11. so cute! love that belly photo! all of your kitties are so pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. How adorable! Love your kitty shots & great take on orange :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love Lily's face! Precious! Kitty wigs, lol!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from readers, so thank you for being so awesome!