Monday, January 10, 2011

ketchup

ugh, I have been a sucky blogger. even though I blogged almost everyday of the week last week, I feel like I haven't written anything of substance in a while. unfortunately, my sociology class doesn't end until Friday at midnight, so I'll most likely be busy all this week.

AND I'm finally getting my ass back in the gym tonight (I haven't been since before Christmas... shame), and I'm really excited about it. I got so busy and caught up with the holidays, and then I was sick for a few days, and now I've got this damned class... I haven't even thought about working out. but I need to get back on track with exercising and eating right and there's no time like the present! 



we had a very successful holiday party this weekend - it was our fourth (or fifth?) annual Secret Santa party, and this year we decided to add a little twist and ask that everyone come decked out in their ugliest holiday sweaters. the sweaters were hideous and hilarious. 

Kaley and I organized mostly everything with the exception of two dishes. we had a traditional holiday meal, complete with ham, sweet potato casserole, stuffing, green bean casserole, mac & cheese, and biscuits. Kaley made a cake and pumpkin pie for dessert and we made that damn candy cane bark as well. it turned out really well, but it was a giant pain in the ass to break up those candy canes.

we made mustache favors... which didn't really turn out that well, but they made for some funny photos. we gave out prizes for the tackiest sweaters and did a white elephant/steal a gift game. it was a GREAT night and I think all our friends had a blast. I'm already thinking of good ideas for next year's party! 



at some point in the evening, we decided it would be a good idea to pretend we were 21 again and partake in beer bongs. I'm not sure WHY we thought it was a good idea, but I definitely paid for it on Sunday. I spent the entire day in bed with a horrible headache and bouts of nausea and beer shits throughout the day.

ANYWAY. I just wanted to let ya'll know that I might be a little too busy for blogging this week. I will, however, be filling out last week's blanks with Lauren. if I have time, I'll upload all the pictures I took at our Secret Santa party this evening. I'm also incredibly behind on my Reader too, so if you haven't seen any comments from me lately, that's why! 

Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments from readers, so thank you for being so awesome!