Friday, December 3, 2010

Reverb10 - December 1st

December 1: One Word.
Encapsulate the year 2010 in one word. Explain why you’re choosing that word. Now, imagine it’s one year from today, what would you like the word to be that captures 2011 for you?



this year has been... eventful, to say the least. I think the word I'd use to describe 2010 would be growth. I'm not sure why, but I feel very adult-like this year, even though I've considered myself an "adult" since I turned 18 and moved out of my dad's house for the first (and only) time. I wouldn't say it's been a hard year, but I've made some hard decisions regarding my lifestyle this year that required a little more strength than I imagined it would. I've made some life changing choices this year, from joining the gym and hiring a personal trainer, to letting go of a once important friendship, to quitting smoking for GOOD, and deciding to go back to school in the spring. it's been a whirlwind of accomplishments and feelings of success on my end, that's for sure. I think it's been a great year overall, and I feel very content with where I'm at in my life right now. 

I'm proud of where I'm at when it comes to certain aspects of my life, including my marriage, my friendships, my finances, and my mind. I'm really enjoying growing up as time goes on, and I'm relishing in learning more and more about myself as a person as the years go by. I think it's important to continue to grow as a person... staying stagnant means that you have nothing to work for and that there are no improvements to be made. I always like to have a goal in mind, whether it be something big or small, petty or extremely important, and that's something I'll continue to do in my future.

when it comes to 2011, I hope that it's joyful. I'd like to see some further changes take place in my life, for the better, obviously. I'd like to get the house finished, and to stop putting off the projects that we dread. I love working on the house, but it becomes a pain when it gets put on the back burners for so long. I'd also like to contribute a big chunk of my income to a savings account so that we can start looking towards investing in a new home in the future.

we're planning to start a family next year, and that would mean a lot of hard work for us, but immense amounts of happiness as well. my husband and I are both going back to school at the start of 2011, so while I know it may be stressful, I think it will bring a lot of feelings of success on both of our parts. I don't care what happens next year, as long as we're both healthy and happy in the end.   







2 comments:

I love getting comments from readers, so thank you for being so awesome!