Tuesday, November 16, 2010

with her nose stuck in a book...

it's no secret that I love to read. I love to get caught up in the characters and feel as if I know them personally. I love to feel like I'm a part of the story. I love to imagine the settings as I see them in my mind, changing through every chapter. I love the emotions that can be conveyed through reading a good novel.

 

ever since I was a little girl (or... ever since I watched Beauty & The Beast for the first time...whatever, that's not important), I've wanted a library in my house. no, take that back... it's not just a want... it's a dream. 





I've always wanted dreamed of floor to ceiling bookshelves just stuffed with books that I've read. I want those shelves bursting at the seams due to the number of books they are miraculously holding. I want them in arranged alphabetically, and also organized by colors. I'd like for them to be paperbacks, and for their dust jackets to be tossed out... I love a naked book, with the sleek spine and indented titled cover.




and of course, there would be a fabulous place for sitting. either a large couch, or a chair with a soft oversize ottoman. somewhere that I can easily relax and get ready to be enveloped in the story... where the love story develops beautifully, the prince slays the dragon, and happy endings prevail.



now that I'm older, I realize it's quite the feat to build your own custom library, complete with book ladder and whatnot. but one day, I will accomplish this little dream of mine... I will have shelves overflowing with the written word... the literature will be rich and lively, and begging to be read over and over again.

 



until then, I will dream. 








1 comment:

I love getting comments from readers, so thank you for being so awesome!