Friday, November 5, 2010

giving thanks | day five




I cannot even describe to you how grateful I am for my friends. my friends mean THE WORLD to me. I don't know what I'd do without them, honestly. they support me in everything I do, and they lift my spirits when I'm being a grouchy bitch. they make fun of me when I've done something completely stupid, and they encourage me when I'm in a funk that I can't seem to get out of. they allow me to see the world from a different point of view than my own.

I'm very fortunate to have a handful of friends that I can call upon at any time of day to help me in a time of need. personally, quality is way more important than quantity when it comes to friends. I've realized over time how important it is to have meaningful friends. instead of having a million and one so-so buddies that I can party with and see on occasion while I'm out and about, I'd rather have just a couple GREAT friends that I can share everything with. 

I love having friends that I can just hang out with on a Sunday afternoon because I want to... where I can just come over their house in sweatpants and have nothing planned but great conversation. I love just being able to call someone to chat, and not have to worry about finding an excuse to get off the phone, because we actually have purposeful things to talk about. it's the little things that make you feel at peace with your relationships.

it's an unbelievable feeling to know that there is ALWAYS someone there to have your back, no matter how many times you've been in the wrong. those are the people that I call my friends. they're the ones who forgive you for your mistakes, the ones you can trust with your deepest soulful secrets, and the ones who love every part of you, including your flaws. they are the people that keep your heart beating when it wants to break, and the ones that give you air when you feel you can't breathe. 

I have wonderful friends who never cease to amaze me in their abilities to make me happy. I appreciate their love, kindness, and loyalty more than they'll ever know. and for that, I'm thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments from readers, so thank you for being so awesome!