Wednesday, October 6, 2010

October Photo Hunt!

I really want to challenge myself to use my camera more, and to learn new techniques. I've decided to sign up and participate in the October 2010 Photo Hunt Challenge. it seems like it would be a lot of fun, and it will definitely encourage me to take more interesting and artistic photos... and not just of my cats, haha. if this seems like something you'd be interested in doing, head over here to sign up! 






here's the list of photos that are supposed to be taken during the month of October! I'm really excited about some of them, but others scare the crap out of me. I might end up skipping some, just a warning. I don't have Photoshop, or any other editing software really, so it might be difficult to do some of them.



  • In Disguise
  • Crisp
  • Fall Colors
  • A Jack O’lantern
  • a Shot from the Ground
  • a Landscape
  • a Fall Tradition
  • Books
  • Dining
  • Child/Children
  • Faces formed in Nature (anything that looks like a face but isn’t : examples here)
  • Tilt-Shift Photography  (Tutorial Here) (Tilt-Shift Maker here)
  • B & W with selective coloring (Tutorial here)
  • Bokeh (Tutorial here)
  • Best Photo taken October 23rd
  • Something from the Kitchen
  • Something Vintage
  • Something Creepy
  • Something Golden
  • A Self-Portrait

have you ever participated in a photo hunt challenge? 
did you like it? 
I'd love to hear what you think!

2 comments:

  1. This sounds like a really fun challenge. Best of luck on this and I look forward to seeing all the photos that come out of this. I would absolutely love to do this myself, but feel like I need more time to do so.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never even heard of these before! That sounds like so much fun!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from readers, so thank you for being so awesome!