Tuesday, September 7, 2010

reminder, crappy cell phone pictures, and a book review

hey sillies! I hope everyone had a fabulous Labor Day weekend! Mr. FoFandee and I had a date night Saturday, and it was wonderful to spend some alone time together. we spent the rest of our time off being extremely lazy, but I did manage to get in a good workout yesterday at the gym without my trainer. I was slightly surprised at how well I remembered each workout as it pertained to each muscle, and I'm pretty proud of myself.

____________________

this is just a friendly little reminder that we gots an awesome fofawesome giveaway going on here at The Bear Naked Truth! you can click here to enter. it's simple - just follow my blog and leave a comment telling me you did. for a second entry, you can go to Vol25's Etsy Shop and tell me what your favorite print is. and for a THIRD entry, blog about it and let me know that you did in the comment section. told you - it's easy peasy!  

____________________

and because you know I can't stand posts without pictures, here are some recent pictures from my cell phone. by the way, it's been almost a month since our beach vacation, and I STILL haven't uploaded pictures from my camera. I'm fucking worthless. 












[doggie isn't mine - he's my nephew, Diesel!] 
____________________

oh, and also. 
I finished reading Undiscovered Gyrl by Allison Burnett last night. it was an excellent (and easy) read. 

here's an excerpt from the official website:
Beautiful, wild, funny, and lost, Katie Kampenfelt is taking a year off before college to find her passion. Ambitious in her own way, Katie intends to do more than just smoke weed with her boyfriend, Rory, and work at the bookstore. She plans to seduce Dan, a thirty-two-year-old film professor.

Katie chronicles her adventures in an anonymous blog, telling strangers her innermost desires, shames, and thrills. But when Dan stops taking her calls, when her alcoholic father suffers a terrible fall, and when she finds herself drawn into a dangerous new relationship, Katie’s fearless narrative begins to crack, and dark pieces of her past emerge.

Sexually frank, often heartbreaking, and bursting with devilish humor, Undiscovered Gyrl is an extraordinarily accomplished novel of identity, voyeurism, and deceit.

and now my review:
it's about a young, troubled girl who starts a blog to chronicle all the crazy shit that goes on in her life. while it's written in blog format, it still reads like a story and flows really nicely. I haven't been a teenager for quite some time, but I immediately related to Katie's confused and disturbing thoughts as she writes about her everyday life. 

she changes the name of everyone she comes into contact with, including herself, which allows her to openly blog about the sex, drugs, and violence that occurs in her life. her life is dangerous and sexy and definitely unsettled, and she continues to spiral downward as the story leads on. 

the ending was quite the surprise, and I still find myself wondering what exactly happened. I enjoyed the book thoroughly and would recommend it for an easy read.

____________________

Happy Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments from readers, so thank you for being so awesome!