Thursday, January 28, 2010

I'd like to thank the academy...




...and of course my tagger (and one of my favorite blogettes), Tara from The Like of a Newly Wife for honoring me with the Blogger BFF Award. Thankfully, I don't have to answer any questions or tell you anything interesting about myself (unfortunately for you folks, cause I've got tons of that up my sleeve), because it's late and I'm super tired. Thank you, Tara! I love reading Tara's blogs, because it's almost certain that I can relate to something she's writing about on any given day. Like myself, Tara is a newlywed (we actually got married on the SAME day) and new at taking on the housewifey task of cooking. I'm sure we'll have plenty of failed recipes to share in the future... maybe even in person one day, if she could convince Mr. Newly Husband to take a trip north to DC! ;)

Anywhozits, the rules say I have to pass this along to 5 bloggers that I would like to get wasted (ahem... I mean... have a few sophisticated drinks) with. I'm going to cheat a bit and choose my favorite bloggers from The Nest. I find that I have much in common with these girls, and so obviously we'd all have a blast together. Plus, their blogs are awesome and I feel the need to pass them along so others can enjoy the hilarity that is their writing.



1. Erinn at Strawberry Swing and other Things - I heart Erinn. She's witty, smart, opinionated, and not to mention adorable. I think we would have a blast if we ever had a GTG, especially if that GTG included a shopping trip or discussions of celebs and home decor. andplusalso, her hubby is pretty freaking hot. just sayin.

2. Lindsey at Lindseli in London - ello govna! Lindsey and I go way back to our early Knotting days, with the football smack talk (which she always wins, cause let's face it, no female knows football better than Lindsey) and our line recitals of HIMYM and The Office episodes. In fact, we would probably play the Robin Scherbatsky's drinking game at our GTG.

3. Sarah at SemiAutobiogRApHical - the poop to my sauce. Once upon a time (and still recently), Sarah has offered sound advice to some of my hectic life's problems. I think she's a great woman with a fab sense of humor, and gorgeous face to boot! I'm almost positive that drinks between her and I would surely end in a burping contest, which obviously, I'm game for.

4. Krystyna at This Love of Life - Krystyna is hilarious, and although her blog is pretty new, like mine, I already look forward to her new posts. I love her writing style and her outlook on life, as well as her list of "loves" in one of her entries. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that we will have a real life GTG when/if she visits the DC area in March!

and last, but certainly not least...

5. Andrea at the blue house on the corner - Even though we've never met in person, I'd consider Andrea a real life friend. We gchat, we text sometimes, and damnit, if I lived in Canada, I'd FOR SURE stalk the shit out of her. We have a common love of felines and a common hate of pity parties. She is also the clever lady responsible for my awesome fo fawesome banner at the top of my blog. Andrea and her loving (and handy!) husband have decided to self perform all the renovations in their new home, which is mainly what she writes about in her blog.



Thanks again, Tara! And happy almost Friday to everyone else! :D

2 comments:

I love getting comments from readers, so thank you for being so awesome!