let me just say that I have thick, very straight hair. like, cannot hold a curl to save it's life. I put it all up in the headband as instructed on the video for a few hours (4ish hours), and took it down. what sprang was a head full of cute curls! I was so excited that 1, I could even pull off curls, and 2, that I didn't have to spend 93846 hours with a curling iron in my hand to get them.
I got tons of compliments on my hair that evening, so I made sure to tell everyone about this tutorial.
I took a few pictures of my hair while it was up in the headband... and I actually kinda like it for a hairstyle too, even if Sean told me I looked like Princess Lea (I have no idea if that's the correct spelling or not, sorry). next time, I may try to sleep with my hair in the headband overnight.
couple thoughts on this technique:
- definitely wait until your hair is dry or it won't work
- I spritzed with a little hair spray before & after I yanked out the headband
- I brushed my curls out, but I wish I wouldn't have... I'd rather have the ring curl look
- next time I will try to push the headband up farther towards the top of my head, cause it was kind flat once the curls let loose
- I will never use a curling iron again
oh, and the after shot: