I know that this recipe may not seem like much for most people, especially those more adventurous eaters. but the truth is that ever since Sean and I have been together, the only sauce we've eaten with pasta is red sauce, because he swore up and down that he didn't like cream sauces, blah blah blah. so finally, he agreed to try to a cream/cheese sauce, and it just happened to be alfredo because we already had the ingredients on hand.
prep time: 20 minutes
cook time: 20 minutes
ready to eat: 40 minutes
makes: (6) servings
- 1lb fettuccine pasta
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1lb cooked shrimp - peeled & de-veined
- 4 gloves garlic - minced
- 1 cup half & half
- 6 tablespoons Parmesan cheese (we ended up using more like 8-9 tablespoons)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley (substituted 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes)
- salt to taste
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
- In a large skillet, saute shrimp and garlic in the butter for about one minute. Pour in half and half; stir. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese in one tablespoon at a time, stirring constantly.
- After all Parmesan is added, mix in parsley and salt. Stir frequently making sure it does not boil. Sauce will take a while to thicken.
- When sauce has thickened, combine with cooked pasta noodles; serve hot.
don't get me wrong, this shit was delicious, but next time, I'll probably either add more half & half, or cut the amount of pasta in half. I felt like it was way too much pasta for the little bit of sauce it made. we don't need to be cooking a pound of pasta at a time anyway, since it's only us eating.
and happy Cinco de Mayo, friends!