Wednesday, May 18, 2011

cheesecake brownies [recipes]

I made these brownies last weekend to bring to Kaycie's house for dessert and they were a huge hit between the four of us. in fact, there were only two left in the pan when we got home later that evening, although that could have been due to Sean's drunk ravaging. either way, they were delicious. very, very, very simple recipe... easy enough to do on a whim and bring to a party, for sure.


[Facts]:

prep time: 15 minutes
cook time: 20 minutes
ready to eat: 45 minutes


[Ingredients]:
  • 1 package (19.8oz) brownie mix - I used Betty Crocker's Ultimate Fudge mix
  • 1 package (8oz) cream cheese
  • 1 egg
  • 1/3 cup white sugar

[Directions]:
  1. Prepare the brownie mix as directed by manufacturer. Preheat oven to temperature indicated on box. Grease a 9x13 inch pan.  (I used a 9x9 pan because I like thicker brownies).
  2. Spread the brownie batter evenly into the prepared pan. 
  3. Using an electric mixer, beat together the cream cheese, egg and sugar until smooth. 
  4. Dollop the cream cheese mixture on top of the brownie batter. Swirl together using a knife or skewer. (my mixture didn't really "swirl" well... probably because I used the 9x9 pan. there was more cheese mixture than I thought there would be, so I just spread it along the top and it came out fine).
  5. Bake according to manufacturer's instructions. Brownies will be done when a toothpick inserted comes out clean (about 35 minutes for me). Cool in the pan, then cut into bars and serve. 

Unfortunately, I didn't take any 
photos of these, but here's one that 
I shamelessly jacked from All Recipes. 



ENJOY!

3 comments:

I love getting comments from readers, so thank you for being so awesome!