Tuesday, March 22, 2011

tidbits, yo

  • UGH. slacker blogger. very busy weekend for this girl - beer night Friday, errands Saturday afternoon, birthday celebration Saturday evening, and hanging out with friends/writing a paper Sunday. 
  • as you saw in this post, I finally upgraded my phone. I was the proud owner of the LG Dare for almost 2 years. my upgrade day was St. Patrick's Day (luck o' the Irish, say what?), so on Friday, we ventured out to Verizon to get the Droid X. I was torn between that and the Thunderbolt, but I just couldn't justify paying $250 for a cell phone... and the extra memory and the kickstand was just not worth $100 to me. so far I'm really loving my Droid. if you have any recommendations for apps, let a sister know! 
  • check out my sweet birthday card I got from Kaycie. does she know me well or what?


  • I went out with friends this weekend to celebrate my 25th birthday! we started out with a small group and dinner at a local Japanese Steakhouse, and then moved next door to Cadillac Ranch. I was so happy to have so many people come out to celebrate with me - we had an amazing evening full of laughter, flowing drinks, and memorable conversations. I am a lucky girl. here are some pictures (most were not taken by me, and I'll have more to post once Kaley uploads hers! AHEM!)








  • on the other hand, I don't know if I'm ready to turn 25. I know that 25 is not old by a long shot, but I just feel very "adult" saying 25.
  • I'm slowly moving through my 2011 Reading Challenge. I've now read 9 books this year - I finished two of Emily Giffin's books within about a week. I loved the first, Something Borrowed... I was really drawn to the narrator, Rachel, and was thrilled with the ending. The second book, Something Blue, was... alright... it's from the perspective of the other main character, Darcy, and I honestly hated her. I ended up liking her a bit more by the end, but overall, I was kind of underwhelmed with the story in comparison to the first. I'll be doing lengthy reviews for both books when I have the time. 
  • speaking of reading and writing - I wrote an 800 word essay on the reliability of Nick Carraway as the narrator of The Great Gatsby for my English class yesterday during my lunch break. I started it Sunday and emailed it to myself to finish and send over to my professor from work. went to save the file, and it was corrupted. instead of copying & pasting like an intelligent person would do, I just x'ed out of it. lost the WHOLE thing, minus the measly two paragraphs I had written the night before. talk about pissed... I had to re-write the entire thing last night. 
  • Bear is really ridiculously good looking. just sayin. 

  • spring is officially here and I am SO excited. that's pretty much all I have to say about that. 
  • since I had my last training session in February, I've only been to the gym once, and that was for a spin class. last week. I really need to get back into the swing of things when it comes to working out, but if I'm being honest here, that month off felt amazing. I'm still doing well with my eating habits... still staying away from fatty, greasy, and non-nutritional food. I need to stop making excuses as to why I can't work out, starting with tonight!

Happy Tuesday! 

3 comments:

  1. I find that funny I think I preferred Something Blue... read all of Emily's book they are quick and easy reads - just awesome. Darcy is played by Kate Hudson in the upcoming movies.

    NinJump or something like that is the best droid app ever. I steal it from my boyfriend all the time to play it (I don't have a Droid).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Amy - I preferred Something Blue. I really liked Love the One You're With!

    Bear is a very handsome boy!!

    Looks like you had a great birthday!!

    Don't even get me started about working out - I have no motivation and no time. I can honestly say that I haven't worked out more than 2 times since Will was born. Not good!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Amy - ah, I know! I can't imagine Kate Hudson playing Darcy, cause I love her!

    @Alaina - you look GREAT after just having Will! I have some spots I want to work on, but I generally just want to be healthier all together. motivation is key!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from readers, so thank you for being so awesome!