I tried this recipe a few weeks ago. We had a 2lb bag of frozen shrimp that had been in our freezer forever, so we figured we'd go ahead and cook half of them using a new (to us) recipe.
As always, the recipe was found on allrecipes.com. It was super easy to make... keep in mind that our shrimp were frozen, so I had to thaw them out and then peel them, which took a little longer than it would have if I'd had fresh shrimp. Instead of cooking in the oven on the broiler setting, I cooked them stove-top in a saute pan. We served this with wild rice and green beans.
prep time: 10 minutes
cook time: 5 minutes
ready to eat: 15 minutes
- (1) pound frozen large shrimp
- (3/4) cup butter or margarine
- (1) teaspoon minced garlic
- (1 1/2) tablespoons lemon juice
- (3) tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Defrost shrimp by placing them under running cold water until soft. Peel, devein, and remove tails.
- In a medium saute pan, combine butter, garlic, and lemon juice over medium heat.
- When mixture bubbles, add shrimp.
- Cook shrimp over medium heat, approximately 2 1/2 minutes on each side, or until cooked thoroughly.
- When shrimp is shrunken and pink, remove from heat. Pour remaining butter mixture into dish for dipping.
- Sprinkle Parmesan cheese over shrimp. (I forgot to do this until after I took pictures)