Wednesday, December 15, 2010

wee bit Wednesdays!

I'm so glad the work week is halfway over already! we've got an exciting evening lined up - cheering on the Caps in DC, and really hoping to break that losing streak they've got going on! 

if you wanna play a wee bit, head over here
this week's theme is christmas, woooo!




{one} did you buy a christmas tree this year?
sure didn't. we have a fakey that we purchased two years ago for about $100. I love it.

{two} what is your favorite holiday tradition?
all of it - the decorating, the eating, the gift giving... I like it all. I guess my favorite tradition in my family is getting to see ALL of my family on christmas eve. it's the only time of the year that we're all in one place at one time, so it's really special.

{three} do you open your gifts on christmas eve or christmas day?
Sean & I are HORRIBLE when it comes to waiting to open gifts, so we usually open them on christmas eve, but all our gifts from our family get opened on christmas day.

{four} at what age did you stop believing in santa claus?
I don't remember my exact age. I caught my mom sticking money under my pillow as the "tooth fairy" - I put it all together after that and I was PISSED. I stormed out of my bedroom and accused her of lying to me my whole life. what a drama queen.

{five} do you fill stockings?
yes! usually small things like candy and trinkets with my family. Sean and I usually get cheapo gag gifts for stockings. last year I got him astronaut ice cream and instant Irish accent breath spray. 

{six} handmade presents or store bought presents?
eh, tough question. I think if I had the time, I would totally give handmade presents, but it's just easier and more convenient for me to buy them.

{seven} do you have a favorite christmas meal?
my favorite christmas meal is pretty much the same as thanksgiving... which is why it's my favorite.

{eight} is your christmas tree real or artificial?
artificial is a nice way of putting it. that sucker is plastic and it already has lights on it. haha! here she is from last year:



{nine} what is your favorite christmas song?
I Want A Hippopotamus For Christmas.

{ten} did you send out christmas cards this year?
they're all done, just need to mail them out! I've decided I'm going to make them myself next year, and I'm already really excited about it. I love the holidays!

1 comment:

  1. your tree is BEAUTIFUL...and pre lit IS the only way to go!

    Hey while I am here I want to invite you to come over to my blog and see how you can be entered for some fantastic prizes. There is something for everyone!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from readers, so thank you for being so awesome!