Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Reverb 10 - December 24th-28th

December 24: Everything's OK
What was the best moment that could serve as proof that everything is going to be alright? And how will you incorporate that discovery into the year ahead?



honestly, this prompt is really hard for me. I can't remember a time this year in which I worried about things being alright, and therefore, there wasn't really a moment that served as reassurance of that either. 

I guess I just always try to keep a positive outlook... it's been one of my goals this year to stay optimistic. I always know things will work out, despite how bad they seem at the time. even when times are tough, something good usually comes of it, and it's most likely a lesson learned. I don't really need a specific moment to know that things will turn out just fine. 

I'll continue to keep my outlook as positive as possible in the future, including the year ahead. I want to look on the bright side of things and not stress about things that are out of my control. it takes a bit of patience to live this way, but it's the best thing for my sanity. 

________________________________________

December 25: Photo
Sift through all the photos of you from the past year. Choose one that best captures you; either who you are, or who you strive to be. Find the shot of you that is worth a thousand words. Share the image, who shot it, where, and what it best reveals about you.


I took this picture of myself (well, my legs & feet), back in August at the beach during our anniversary vacation. it's amazing how much one photo, taken on my cell phone no less, can reveal so much about a person. this picture pretty much represents everything I am... laid back, beach goer/lover, book reader extraordinaire, relaxed & mellow. I want to be all those things and more in the future as well, so I feel like this photo is a perfect representation of me as a person.

_______________________________________

December 26: Soul Food
What did you eat this year that you will never forget? What went into your mouth & touched your soul?


Thanksgiving & Christmas dinner, which are pretty much the same in our family household, consist of some of my favorite foods, and therefore are the winners for this prompt. these meals include: turkey, ham (for Christmas dinner), mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, green bean casserole, stuffing, asparagus, steamed broccoli, biscuits, and gravy.



I was definitely more appreciative of both meals this year, because instead of parking my ass on the couch to watch football, I spent both days in the kitchen cooking. these meals are what I look forward to all year long, so it's not hard to imagine why I consider them to be the meals that touched my soul. I wish I could eat them everyday... I think the wait and the anticipation is what makes them so special. :)

_______________________________________

December 28: Achieve 
What’s the thing you most want to achieve next year? How do you imagine you’ll feel when you get it? Free? Happy? Complete? Blissful? Write that feeling down. Then, brainstorm 10 things you can do, or 10 new thoughts you can think, in order to experience that feeling today.



I think this is pretty obvious, but I would love to be a mother next year. I know I'm too young to say that my clock is ticking, but I have this intense feeling of baby fever... I want to be a mama very badly, and I know that next year will be the right time for us. we're settled in our lives and our careers (for the most part), and although I know everyone says "you'll never be ready," I think we're ready. 

I honestly cannot even describe how happy I'll be when I become a mother... I know it'll be one of those moments that I'll never ever forget, and I'm certain that the feelings will not be able to be put into words. I think I'll feel ecstatic, happy, successful, nervous, excited, relieved, terrified, and content... all at the same time. 

I'm so excited to experience pregnancy and motherhood. I can almost guarantee that I will love being pregnant and will love all the new emotions I will get to feel. obviously, I've never been a mom before, so I can't really grasp how amazing the feeling is to grow a baby. I can't wait to be a mom, and for Sean to be dad... I think we'll both make great parents one day, and I will consider myself extremely blessed if that day is in 2011. 

as for the last part of the prompt, the only way I'd be able to reenact the feeling of being pregnant and having a baby is to do so, therefore, unless I found out today that I was pregnant (which I'm not, by the way), I could not possibly experience that feeling today. 

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to read your blog throughout pregnancy and baby! It's so much fun!
    I always thought I would LOVE being pregnant too. It's pretty amazing. Although I'm happy to have ankles again.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from readers, so thank you for being so awesome!