Tuesday, November 9, 2010

giving thanks | day seven




it's amazing to me what good-hearted women can accomplish when one of our own is suffering. I mentioned in yesterday's post, that I've been a member of The Knot/The Nest since Sean & I got engaged and I needed a little extra push in wedding planning. through their message boards, I met some astounding women. these women are people that I can turn to in times of need, even if I just need a little advice here and there. they have helped me get through some rough times, and with the devastating loss of Emily's triplets recently, the situation is no different. 

I'm so thankful for them. I'm thankful for their immense kindness and their ability to find the right words when it seems as if there are no words to say. we all pulled together yesterday and started a fund for Emily & her husband. with almost all of our donations (there are still MORE who wish to contribute), we've collected almost $600 to put towards a very special art piece to represent Emily's family of five, along with a gift card to Whole Foods, and a hefty donation towards March of Dimes, in the babies' honor. 

I'm so thankful that we can all come together as a team, as a family, to help another. I wish I could fly to each and every one of their houses, just to hug them and tell them how special they are to me. and maybe have a drink or two.

it just amazes me what we can accomplish when we feel the hurt of one of our own. I'll never forget their caring thoughts and sweet words they offered to Emily during this time. we've all grown so close, even though most of us have never met face to face, and I'm honored to call them my friends. 

although Emily's babies did not live long, they were loved... oh, they were SO loved. even though we weren't in the room with them, we were THERE with them, and I know they felt it. I know they knew how incredibly special they were to so many people. I hope that Emily knows that, and that maybe it even brings her a little peace. we all know that she will make the best mama one day, and we're all so proud of her strength and courage. 

these beautiful, supportive women mean the world to me. they have helped so many others get through rough times, no matter how far away we are from each other. and for that, I'm thankful.






if you'd like to make a donation in honor of Emily's precious babies, please send me an email [mandee dot quinn at gmail dot com] and I will be happy to pass on the information.

1 comment:

  1. I totally agree. I'd say I'm astounded by the outpouring of love and support, but I really wouldn't expect anything less from this group of amazing women. I'm proud to be an OG 0809er :)

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from readers, so thank you for being so awesome!