Wednesday, November 17, 2010

giving thanks | day fourteen



day fourteen 
I'm thankful for my home. it's amazing to have a place to call your own... I'm honestly still kind of shocked that I OWN my house, even though I've owned it for four years now. I'm also lucky that I own a house that I can afford... there are tons of people out there who, whether it be through their own faults or just life's misfortunes, are losing their homes left and right. 
not only am I grateful just to have a place to live and provide shelter, I'm thankful that I actually LOVE my house. it's been a lot of hard work to get the house in shape, and a lot of people probably thinking I'm crazy for putting so much money into a 60 year old house... but I'd rather enjoy where I live than complain about other peoples' mistakes. 

I have the opportunity to make it MINE, and I love that. back when I purchased the house, you would just think it was a typical rental - hand me down furniture, white walls, builder basic everything. now that house screams MandeeFoFandee and my personal style is all over it... from the green living room walls to the new bookshelf waiting to be put together. 

I've realized making a house a home is NOT an easy task, and it takes a lot longer than you think... we're moving slowly in phases, but it gets a little closer everyday.

although it's a pain in the ass to be a homeowner, I wouldn't trade it for the world. some people never have the good fortune to own their home, but I was lucky enough to be given a chance. 
and for that, I'm thankful. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments from readers, so thank you for being so awesome!