Monday, November 15, 2010

arthritis walk & giving thanks | day twelve

as I mentioned in this post, I signed up to walk with my best friend, Kaycie, in support of The Arthritis Foundation. it's important for me to encourage and support my friends, and participating in this walk was a wonderful experience. it was a great turn out, and our team came in 3rd place overall for donations. 
I can't thank everyone enough for donating (I'm lookin' at you Nesties) for such a wonderful cause.

it just so happens that the walk took place at The Maryland Zoo in Baltimore, so you know I got tons of pictures of the animals! we were lucky to have beautiful weather, although it was a little chilly. I bundled up with long sleeves, my Caps jersey, and one of Adam's Penn State hoodies. it was a great day overall, and I'm so proud of Kaycie and our team for the money we raised to help fight arthritis.

alright, enough chit chat... on to the pictures!



































______________________________________




today, I'm thankful for my heath and my ability to support my friend in this endeavor. she's rippled with pain every single day, and she struggles with such simple acts as getting out of bed in the morning and tying her shoes. 

I'm lucky that I'm able to walk around without being in any pain, and I know the little things I AM able to do are things that I take for granted. 

I was more than happy to donate and participate in the Arthritis Walk this year, and I might even make it an annual occurrence. it was a great experience, and I'm was so honored to be able to be a part of such an amazing group of people. 
I am able to walk, run, jump everyday, without the slightest bit of pain. for that, I'm thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments from readers, so thank you for being so awesome!