Wednesday, September 29, 2010

I'm looking forward to...

(shamelessly stealing this idea from Jessi over at Caterpillar Family Blog)


- finally getting my tattoo colored and filled this weekend. it's been a long journey to get this much work done, and I'm ready for it to be complete. I love this tattoo, and it means SO much to me. it's the place I grew up, it's my home, it will always be my home. I'm proud to represent Maryland.




- going out of town next weekend (October 8-10) to visit some extended family on my mom's side. twice a year, everyone gets together and makes apple butter - and I mean the whole nine yards... picking, peeling, cooking, churning, and canning.

I haven't been there for this event since I was a kid. I'm so, so, so excited to see my second cousin and her babies. we spent every single summer together growing up... running a muck and causing riots and just getting into all kinds of trouble in general.

she was a bridesmaid in my wedding, and I haven't seen her since that day, which was over a year ago! she has since given birth to her second child (little girl, Ella) and I cannot wait to meet her. her son, Peyton is so big now, and I can only imagine how he smart he is with a grade-A mama like her! I really just can't wait to spend some quality time with those that I don't get to see often.





- going to see the Washington Capitals take on the Boston Bruins on October 19th with my lova lova. football season is number one in this house, but hockey season comes in at a close second. I can't wait to watch the Caps play their hearts out this season! I'm hoping they continue the dominance they showed last season!




- seeing Louis CK perform live stand up comedy on October 22nd. we've seen him twice before, and he is HILARIOUS. all caps necessary. he has a show on FX (I think?) called Louie, and it's pretty witty and amusing, but nothing compares to the raw talent that is his stand up. he is, hands down, one of my favorite comedians.

VIDEO = NSFW




- my best friend, Kaley, is turning 26 years old in a few weeks! her birthday celebration, which is also being combined with Kath's birthday, takes place on October 23rd. they're starting with dinner at the Melting Pot (NOM!), followed by a little low key shindig at Kaley's house. I'm really excited to have a night with some of my favorite ladies, where nothing but good times is had. AND I'm thrilled to give Kaley her birthday present! :D




- H-A-double L-O-W-double E-N! Halloween has always been one of my favorite holidays. I love getting dressed up and hanging out with friends. obviously, we don't have kids yet, so we don't do the whole trick or treating thing, but we make sure to hit a few parties every year and celebrate appropriately! Sean and I have already purchased our costumes for this year, and while we're not matching like we usually do, they're still pretty great. I'll reveal what they are in a future post!

here are our costumes from last year: we were a shotgun wedding. :)




- seeing Daniel Tosh's stand up on November 6th. I've seen bits and pieces of his show, Tosh.0, which is pretty funny, so I'm sure his stand up will be good as well. seeing comedians live is one of my favorite things to do, so I'm sure I won't be disappointed. :)


what are YOU looking forward to?

2 comments:

  1. haha, I just saw we both copied Jessi's 'I'm excited for' blog on the same day..

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from readers, so thank you for being so awesome!