Monday, September 20, 2010

Day 18/30

Day 18/30 - whatever tickles your fancy

I know I promised more honeymoon pictures (specifically, those taken from my cell phone during our trip), but I'm not really feelin' that today. I know you're extremely disappointed. HA! 

instead, I'll tell you about my very busy weekend. like that's so much better than pictures of beaches in Hawaii.


FRIDAY.
Friday evening, the husband and I had a little date night. now we go out to dinner pretty often (about once every two weeks), but we NEVER go to the movies. the last movie we saw in the theater was Shutter Island, and before that, it was the new Halloween movie. typically, I hate going to the movies. I hate paying $10 a ticket to sit in a room full of annoying ass people who can't sit through a movie without talking on their cell phones or texting. and THEN I usually get lucky enough to sit in front of the asshole who kicks your seat the whole time. 

whew, anyway. so we had dinner at TGIFridays, and then walked over to the theater to see The Town. thankfully, we got there in time to get good seats right in the middle of the theater, and I didn't sit behind any seat-kicking-morons. the movie itself was GREAT. I loved the whole setting in Charlestown, and the plot was fantastic. it didn't hurt to stare at Ben Affleck and Jon Hamm for two hours either. :) 




SATURDAY.
Sean went to work for a few hours in the morning to get in a little over time. he has decided that since I bought new clothes, he wants to get some... except his taste is much more expensive than mine. so he worked some over time in order to have the extra moolah to get some new fall digs. smart man.

I woke up early (well, early for me on a Saturday) at 8:30AM and before I could get in lazy mode, I got dressed and went to the gym. I didn't get a chance to get in a workout on Thursday or Friday, so I knew I had to force myself to go Saturday morning. I just planned on getting on the treadmill for about 30 minutes, since I had plans to meet Kaley for lunch and pedicures at 11AM. 

unfortunately, when I got to the gym, all the treadmills were taken, so I settled for the elliptical. I was only on there for about 5 minutes before a treadmill opened up, so I grabbed my shit and moved over. now, since I was in a hurry to get to the gym, I only had time to eat something quick before my workout, which just happened to be a banana. 

for some reason, this banana (and maybe the fried green beans from the night before) were not settling right in my stomach. I started to get the pains in my loins that told me I wouldn't make it through my workout. I was getting the walking farts, and I knew I had to do something before it turned into something worse. so I left my water and my keys at my treadmill and booked it to the bathroom. after relieving myself in a much more violent manner than I intended to do, I got back on the treadmill and continued my walk. 



I wanted to try and switch up my "cardio" (or lack thereof) so I set the treadmill to do an interval program instead of just manually walking the whole time. after about 10 minutes, I realized I was NOT ready for all that shit. I went back to manual and just walked at a 3.5 with a 5% incline for the rest of the time.

I felt pretty good after only 30 minutes of exercise, so I headed home and took a shower to prepare for the rest of the day. I showered and got dressed, and headed down to Charles County to meet up with Kaley for lunch and pedicures. 

we just picked up something quick at Chick Fil A and then went over to the salon to get our toes did. our friend Jen met us there, so we had plenty of girl talk. I picked a deep purple OPI color, but I cannot remember the color name to save my life (edit - Suzi Says Dal... thank you OPI website), but luckily, I took a picture! I had pretty much the best pedicure of my life, but it was a little gross to see how much dead skin was scraped from my feet. 

on my toes. 


 on the Interwebz.

after our pedicures, I had to rush home to get ready for a wedding with our friends Kaycie & Adam. we were invited by the bride and the groom at the last minute (Thursday) when they had two family members back out. we met up with Kaycie & Adam at their place and then made our way to the wedding from there. because the venue (the groom's uncle's house) was on the end of a peninsula, we had to park at a local mart and take a shuttle bus. the house was on a prestigious piece of land, almost completely surrounded by water. it was absolutely breathtaking. unfortunately, I didn't bring my camera, but I'll be sure to post pictures once Kaycie uploads hers. 

 Sean & Adam looking like cool guys. 


the bride & groom during their first dance.


this is where the wedding was! can you just imagine that view? 

the wedding was beautiful - the groom teared up as soon as he saw his bride come around the corner, wearing a dress to match her daughters, who were the flower girls. there was a tent set up for the reception and the bar was fully stocked. we had a blast! we danced and sang and toasted to the happy couple all night long. we were originally going to go out in downtown Annapolis at the end of the evening with everyone, but we were exhausted when the party ended after 11PM, so we headed home to sleep in our own beds. 


SUNDAY. 
hangover. horrible hangover. I didn't even really get drunk at the wedding, despite the many alcoholic beverages I consumed, so I was pretty surprised to wake up feeling like complete crap. we went over to the in-law's house to watch football and have Sunday dinner. I was secretly happy with the Ravens loss to the Bengals, but I didn't let that show for my Baltimore loving husband to see. dinner included a roasted turkey, fresh green beans, twice baked potatoes, stuffing, and rolls. it made me wish Thanksgiving was right around the corner! we had homemade cheesecake for dessert, and then we tuned in for the Redskins game. 

I was shocked to see them score so many points against Houston early on, and then obviously disappointed when the Texans came back to beat us in over time. it was a great game though, and my Skins looked fantastic compared to last week's joke of a game against Dallas.  although, I have to blame our loss on Houston's coach, who called a time out after the snap, which resulted in a non-counted field goal. Gano missed the second field goal after the time out was over. but a win is a win, and Houston just happened to fight a little harder for the win. 



all in all it was a wonderful weekend filled with friends, family, relaxation, love, and football. as much as I enjoyed everything I did this weekend, I'm ready for a weekend where I have NO plans, so I can concentrate on getting my house put together! unfortunately, we're not going to have a plan-less weekend for a while, so I'll have to suck it up and enjoy being surrounded by people I love. 

how horrible! ;)  

30 Day Challenge right here!

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from readers, so thank you for being so awesome!