Thursday, May 20, 2010

I think I need more cowbell.

the fever. I have it.



baby fever, that is.

I don't know what the hell happened. when we got married, we said we'd wait 3-5 years before we even started thinking about having a baby. even after we got married, I was pretty hellbent on waiting a while... we had a house to get in order and some traveling we wanted to do, and kids were just not in the forefront of my mind at ALL. I've never been the kind of person who wanted to be a mom... ever. I honestly didn't even want children until I met Mr. FoFandee.

it's not that I don't LIKE kids, but I'm not a very patient person, and let's face it - you gotta have a lot of that to have children. my patience level has gotten better through the years, but I still get annoyed by kids pretty easily.

so anyway. yeah, I don't know where it came from. maybe my clock is ticking? I'm only twenty-four, and I thought that shit didn't really kick in until you're much older. over the last couple months, I've just been wanting a baby... and BAD. I can't explain the feeling. a lot of my friends are having children, and it doesn't help that I have an adorable 2 year old brother (even if he IS an asshole sometimes). I just swoon when I see babies... and I know that Sean and I would be awesome parents, and I'm thinking it'll probably happen sooner rather than later. it also doesn't help that Sean is almost 4 years older than I am, and he's ready for children whenever I say GO.

obviously, I'm not gunna just go and get knocked up right away because my ovaries are telling me to. we want to take one big trip together before we decide to start a family, so I think the plan is to take a cruise to the Caribbean in the winter, and then go from there. I think I'll probably get off the birth control in the fall/winter/whenever my Nuva Ring runs out. I've been on birth control for about 8 years, so I'm sure it'll take a while for my body to get back to normal, but just in case it happens right away, I'm going to wait until we're absolutely ready.

we're in a good position financially, and I know we'll never truly be "ready" to have a kid (cause that's what everyone says), but I know we can make it work and still live comfortably. we've even tossed around the idea that I may be able to stay home with the baby for a while. we have a lot of money in savings, and Sean makes enough money to cover our mortgage, bills, and then some. I don't make a lot of money, and with the cost of daycare for newborns being so high, it wouldn't really make a lot of sense for me to work JUST to afford daycare.

and of course, I'm as terrified as I am excited. there are tons of things about pregnancy that scare the crap out of me. I have an extremely bad anxiety disorder, which I take a daily medication to control, so my biggest worry is that I won't be able to switch to a baby-safe anti anxiety medicine and it'll just come back full force. I'm sure there's something out there though. and obviously, regular pregnancy things scare me too - like stretch marks, and my belly button popping out, and breast feeding, and ruining my perfect boobs, and labor, and birth defects, and teaching my kids the right morals, and POOP and VOMIT and everything else.

:: instrumental picture break from all this seriousness ::

just in case you don't believe me when I say my little brother is adorable, check out some of these pictures.

getting ready for bed with "stawn" (Sean).


hangin' out on his SpiderMan couch. he LOVES that thing.

this was when he was going through his "mine" phase. everything was "mine" and you could NOT tell him any different.


loves giving his sissy kissies.


watching the cooks grill steak through the window at Original Steakhouse.

pumpkin pie. nom nom noms.


his cheese face. :D


pretty excited about the rake I got him for Christmas. he loves helping my dad out in the yard!


HAHA. he was "making fwogs" in his pants... meaning he was farting. and he was happy about it.


helping me celebrate my birthday at Cheesecake Factory. little ham!


so... that's where I'm at right now. it's been on my mind for a while, and we've discussed our options and our future plans, and having kids sooner rather than later is something we both want. like I said, I'm not going to be reckless and go out and get pregnant rightfuckingnow... we're going to take that cruise and see where we're at from there in the baby making thought process.

andplusalso, it's a bad idea to be following YHL, Enjoying The Small Things, withTWOcats, All Things G&D, and a bunch of other bloggers who have recently had babies. BAD IDEA. my ovaries are squealing with every picture.



PS - please tell me I'm not crazy in thinking that my little brother looks like the male version of Kelle Hampton's daughter, Lainey? am I nuts? am I weird for noticing things like that from other blogs? I guess my future kids are gunna have a whack ass mom.




PPS - if you know me in real life, or at least on Facebook, please don't mention this whole baby fever thing on there, k? it's not something I'm announcing to the world... well, I guess I am, but still. I don't want it to be a big deal and people asking me questions and shit. that's why I have this blog.

thankyouandgoodday.

6 comments:

  1. dude. ditto. doesn't help that our first niece was born last weekend. babies are everywhere and it is killing me. we have to wait at least a year till our (my) loans are paid off though. and it would probably help if john was ready too...

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ Samantha - it's so weird how it just crept up on me ever so silently and then BAM! baby fever in full force! I'm sure it'll be better for you to wait to pay off those loans so you can spend all your extra money on baby! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. i'm posting that shit all over facebook cuz i knowwww that last part was directed towards muah! ;) just kidding giL!
    buuuut it's funny, cuz when we were talking about vacation and you guys going to italy next summer .. i was thinking to myself 'not if they have a baby before thennn!' hahaha :)
    i think your idea of taking a cruise together is a great idea - one good solo vacation before kids - hell, maybe even get pregnant ON the cruise ;) either way - you and sean will do just fine and will be great parents. you have your heads and hearts in the right place! and seriously, don't worry about all the 'scares' - you will be alright! if i can do it, anyone can! and there are SO many pregnancy safe anxiety meds - have you checked your current one? it might even be one of the safe ones! but you may find out you don't even need the meds once you get pregnant, its amazing how your entire body will change!
    anyway - don't say anything either but i've got SECOND baby fever pretty bad ;0

    ReplyDelete
  4. obviously, that last part about not wanting it posted all over facebook ostensibly means that you WANT this news to be spread to everyone and their moms, with that added jewel of you trying to keep it a secret to accompany it making it even juicier. come on..let's be realistic here..i know you wrote that fully aware, as sure as the sun will rise, that's what's going to happen. by the end of next week, i'm sure you'll be hearing that you're pregnant and about to give birth..

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG your brother is cute! I can't get over it...
    Yes, as you know, I've got the baby fever too. Maybe you and I will be preggers at the same time and freak out about all the little stuff "together"? Haha!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awwww. Im so glad I didnt totally miss this post! You're too cute Mandee! I love how you even planned out the "after" baby stuff already like staying at home. :o) The baby/wedding fever hard core hit me at 24 also, I just had to wait- a while.


    And your bro is SO stinkin cute!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from readers, so thank you for being so awesome!