Thursday, March 18, 2010

Wedding Wednesday - V. VII

holy shit, I totally forgot about Wedding Wednesday yesterday. sorry guys! I'm telling you - work has been insanely busy lately! I can't believe it slipped my mind so easily. if you're just tuning in and would like to see all past editions of WW, click here.

to celebrate St. Patrick's Day this week, this installment of WW will feature some pictures from our wedding in which alcohol is involved. there were gallons of drink consumed at our wedding, and there are quite a few pictures to prove it!

we had an open bar at our wedding, offering beer, mixed drinks, and wine. we also provided a signature cocktail, called the Pear Sizzle (to go along with our "Perfect Pair" theme). it was a HUGE hit, and soooo delicious. I'm pretty sure I had about 20 of them. if you're interested in trying it, you can find the recipe (and other tasty pear vodka infused beverages) here... but I'll list it below for you lazy asses who don't like to click links. it's the perfect summer drink - it's fruity and refreshing!

Pear Sizzle

  • 3 parts pear vodka
  • 1 part lime juice
  • lemon-lime soda

Fill a highball glass to the rim with ice cubes. Pour pear vodka and lime juice into a shaker. Fill the shaker with ice cubes and shake until very cold, straining into the highball glass. Top off with lemon-lime soda. Garnish with a mint leaf and a pear slice.



as always, all photos are credited to the lovely and talented Jen, from JLowe Photos. If you'd like to see more of her work, feel free to visit her blog here.











[this is my all time favorite picture from our reception!]







I hope everyone is having a good Thursday! I'm so ready for this weekend to be here already. I'm celebrating my 24th birthday Saturday evening at a karaoke bar with some friends! Copious drinks are much needed after the last couple weeks!

5 comments:

  1. That girl in your 3rd photo looks absolutely *wrecked*. I bet she came out the bathroom with her dress tucked into her hose! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha, that was at the beginning of the night, and she wasn't drunk yet! she was just concentrating hard on dancing! she's one of my best friends! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAHAHA..for the record, that was ME in that picture, and i seriously do look more drunk than i actually was. which i completely wasn't. and i don't wear pantyhose. hahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. also, this is like the 23485634th picture someone has of me taking dancing seriously. i can't wait to see how many of these pop up on your blog after this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These wedding are really fun! Reception photos are always my favorite because everyone is celebrating and having a good time.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from readers, so thank you for being so awesome!